Tredyffrin Easttown Historical Society Home : Tredyffrin History : Railroads : Main Line Use the links at left of the article to return. |
Green Tree station
|
This station was where Old Lincoln Highway used to cross the tracks to the east of Malvern. A new station was built here in 1886 and the name was changed from “Duffryn” to “Green Tree” soon after. [1] Green Tree Station, 1906/7, from the TEHS Archives
Green Tree Station, photograph by Lucy Sampson Green Tree Station, c. 1917 by Lucy Sampson [32]
Courtesy of Greg Prichard Green Tree underpass and station, 1931, looking north (top) and south (bottom), The Green Tree station was closed down in 1939 [2] and the underpass later filled in. Notes and References
|